NATHEALTH Comes On Board To Make PM-JAY A Great Success
NATHEALTH– Healthcare Federation of India has come on board with National Health Authority to achieve the goals of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship health insurance scheme – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
On Thursday, both the healthcare organizations signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for strengthening the healthcare sector of India. NATHEALTH will give a helping hand to PM-JAY in scaling up medical innovations, digital health and health data analytics along with other goals.
Recently, the union health ministry came up with the National Digital Health Blueprint to maintain all healthcare related data on digital platform.
It has been seen that creating a system of data management in healthcare industry of India is facing challenges.
Speaking to TheHealth, Dr. Indu Bhushan, CEO, National Health Authority, said, “Health data is very sensitive. We have to be very careful how we have to obtain, secure and use the data to strengthen the healthcare industry. We have to do all the checks and balances. In fact, we have a strict policy regarding the same.”
Managing the data in healthcare industry will strengthen the programs like PM-JAY, Dr Bhushan added.
Dr. Bhushan said “NHA enthusiastically looks forward to this partnership. We have been witnessing a plethora of healthcare innovations happening across the country and it is crucial to empower them by providing the right support.”
NHA and NATHEALTH have jointly agreed to meet the following objectives through this MoU:
- Identifying and curating the best healthcare innovations and start-ups from India.
- Assessing healthcare innovations through varied perspectives such as clinical, technical, impact, sustainability and scalability.
- Enabling an ecosystem for healthcare innovations to engage with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY.
- Enabling an ecosystem for the industry partners within the NATHEALTH network to participate in piloting, testing, adopting, funding and scaling innovations.
- Providing Go-to-market support across Tier I, II and III cities, and rural areas.
- Starting a dialogue on ‘how to create an enabling regulatory framework for mainstreaming innovation’.
This initiative will also focus on a variety of healthcare services like:
- Value-based healthcare
- Population health management, risk management and insurance administration
- Chronic secondary and tertiary ailments
- Digital health
- Medical Devices
- Health Data Analytics
- Technology-enabled models of healthcare delivery including leveraging innovations centered around frontier technologies
- Improving operational efficiency of service delivery of PM-JAY
Dr. H Sudarshan Ballal, President, NATHEALTH said, “We welcome this opportunity to work with NHA to build partnerships with innovators. The main objective of the joint Initiative is to provide and enable a healthcare innovation ecosystem. We will be assessing these innovations from all perspectives. This initiative also aims to access private industry support, funding from private capital and other investors.”